Inpatient Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist with WellSpan Philhaven:
- Join our team of 75 psychiatrists and 60 psychologists providing services in south central Pennsylvania. We provide services in outpatient office locations in York, Adams, Lebanon, Lancaster and Dauphin Counties, manage a 103-bed adult and child/adolescent inpatient psychiatry unit at Wellspan Philhaven, a 63-bed adult inpatient psychiatry unit at York Hospital and a seven bed unit at WellSpan Ephrata Community Hospital and provide psychiatric consultative services in nursing homes, and other long-term treatment centers in the region.
- The current inpatient opportunities include working at our Mt Gretna inpatient psychiatry unit and one of our multiple outpatient locations in Lebanon or Lancaster counties.
- Our physicians are typically scheduled to work on the inpatient unit for 5 hours each morning and typically carry a caseload of 12-14 patients, participating in all areas of treatment along with a team of a nurse case manager (solely dedicated to team duties), a case worker, and therapist (s).
- In the outpatient service, our physicians typically schedule psychiatric evaluations for one hour and medicine reviews every 15 minutes. Each physician has a Medical Support Specialist (MSS) to assist with all aspects of patient care and will act as a liaison between the physician and the patient. In addition to psychiatric services, there is a full team of social workers, nurse practitioners and addiction counselors that work in conjunction with our psychiatrists. They are often in a shared office space.
- Call varies by size of practice and location. Call can cover inpatient and/or outpatient service. Physicians are expected to take call 1-2 holidays per year and typically one weekend per month. This includes rounding on the inpatient unit at Mt Gretna on Saturday and Sunday and on-call coverage Friday 5pm-Monday 8am. This coverage includes admissions, discharging, rounding and consults at Good Samaritan Hospital
- Practice model is a traditional inpatient outpatient practice within a behavioral service continuum.
- WellSpan Philhaven providers will utilize an inpatient and outpatient EMR system when Philhaven converts to EPIC.
WellSpan Medical Group
The WellSpan Medical Group is a large multi-specialty group that employs more than 1,000 providers in over 130 locations across south central Pennsylvania and northern Maryland. Working together and connected through a sophisticated electronic health record, these experts offer care and treatment for conditions that range from simple to complex – from the common cold to orthopedic injuries, neurologic problems and cardiovascular disease. The WellSpan Medical Group is proud of their low physician turnover, collaborative culture and strong commitment to physician leadership within their group.
WellSpan Health facilities are located in York and Adams and Lancaster counties, which offer an ideal living environment to match the quality of work-life balance you’re seeking. Our communities offer abundant outdoor and cultural activities, including restaurants, theatre, golf courses, hiking trails, water sports, and historic tours. The communities are a short drive from several, large metropolitan areas including the Baltimore/DC metro area and Philadelphia.
If you value a strong sense of community, the more palatable pace of suburban living, and the convenience of a workplace close to home, you’ll realize the advantages of considering WellSpan Health as part of your future.
Click Here for information on WellSpan Philhaven
Click Here for more information about WellSpan Health
Click Here to see WellSpan “Working as One”
Click here to learn more about Lancaster County
Click Here to learn more about Lancaster City Alliance
Click Here to learn more about Lebanon County