Take Advantage of our Educational Loan Repayment Plan!
The WellSpan Philhaven Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities (CADD) is seeking a board eligible/board certified child and adolescent psychiatrist to join our dynamic multidisciplinary team. This outpatient position involves the psychiatric care of individuals with autism and developmental disabilities. We emphasize a team approach to care, active collaboration with primary care and subspecialty medical colleagues and the development of new models of lifelong care for this vulnerable population. Candidates need not have established expertise with this population but a strong desire to learn and collaborate.
WellSpan Health is an integrated health system that serves the communities of central Pennsylvania and northern Maryland. The organization is comprised of a multispecialty medical group of more than 1,000 providers, a home care organization, six respected hospitals, more than 15,000 employees and 130 patient care locations.
Highlights about employment as an Autism - Outpatient Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist with WellSpan Philhaven:
- CADD is a large multidisciplinary outpatient and community based program which provides ongoing care to children, adolescents and adults with autism and intellectual disabilities. CADD emphasizes family-centered, evidence-based longitudinal care, advocacy, training, and consultative services. We are actively developing integrated care models as part of a large regional health system. CADD offers a supportive, rigorous, rich professional culture and is committed to developing the next generation of ASD/ID professionals.
- Join our team of 75 psychiatrists and 60 psychologists providing services in south central Pennsylvania. We provide services in outpatient office locations in York, Adams, Lebanon, Lancaster and Dauphin Counties, manage a 103-bed adult and child/adolescent inpatient psychiatry unit at WellSpan Philhaven, a 63-bed adult inpatient unit at York Hospital and an 18-bed inpatient unit at WellSpan Ephrata Community Hospital and provide psychiatric consultative services in nursing homes, and other long-term treatment centers in the region.
- Our physicians are typically scheduled to work M-F 8-5 at the CADD with persons of all ages who experience some form of autism, participating in all areas of treatment along with a team of a nurse case manager (solely dedicated to team duties), a case worker, and therapist (s). Physicians provide 6-7 hours of patient contact per day. Evaluations average about 1 hour and medication management appointments are 20-30 minutes.
- No evening call hours past 5pm. Call varies by size of practice and location. Call can cover inpatient and/or outpatient service. Physicians are expected to take call 1-2 holidays per year and typically one weekend per month. This includes rounding on the inpatient unit at Mt Gretna on Saturday and Sunday and on-call coverage Friday 5pm-Monday 8am. This coverage includes admissions, discharging, rounding and consults at Ephrata Community Hospital
- Practice model is a traditional outpatient practice within a behavioral service continuum.
- WellSpan Philhaven providers will utilize an inpatient and outpatient EMR system when Philhaven converts to EPIC.
- $235,000 salary, sign on bonus $25,000 and educational loan reimbursement $80,000
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan with employer automatic contribution and employer match
- Paid medical malpractice insurance and tail coverage
- Continuing Medical Education stipend $3,000
- Paid relocation
- Physician-led medical group
WellSpan Medical Group
The WellSpan Medical Group is a large multi-specialty group that employs more than 1,000 providers in over 130 locations across south central Pennsylvania and northern Maryland. Working together and connected through a sophisticated electronic health record, these experts offer care and treatment for conditions that range from simple to complex – from the common cold to orthopedic injuries, neurologic problems and cardiovascular disease. The WellSpan Medical Group is proud of their low physician turnover, collaborative culture and strong commitment to physician leadership within their group.
WellSpan Health facilities are located in York and Adams and Lancaster counties, which offer an ideal living environment to match the quality of work-life balance you’re seeking. Our communities offer abundant outdoor and cultural activities, including restaurants, theatre, golf courses, hiking trails, water sports, and historic tours. The communities are a short drive from several, large metropolitan areas including the Baltimore/DC metro area and Philadelphia.
If you value a strong sense of community, the more palatable pace of suburban living, and the convenience of a workplace close to home, you’ll realize the advantages of considering WellSpan Health as part of your future.
Click Here for information on WellSpan Philhaven
Click Here to see WellSpan “Working as One”
Click here to learn more about Lancaster County
Click Here to learn more about Lancaster City Alliance
For confidential consideration, please contact:
Steven Jacobs, Physician Recruiter