The Child Mind Institute is an independent, national nonprofit dedicated to transforming the lives of children and families struggling with mental health and learning disorders. Our teams work every day to deliver the highest standards of care, advance the science of the developing brain and empower parents, professionals and policymakers to support children when and where they need it most. Together with our supporters, we're helping children reach their full potential in school and in life. We share all of our resources freely and do not accept any funding from the pharmaceutical industry.
Child Mind Institute (CMI) is now recruiting clinical psychologists for its new Mood Disorders Center, one of four programs that comprise our rapidly expanding Child Mind Medical Practice. The Center offers cutting edge, tailored treatment services for children and adolescents suffering from mood disorders and related concerns, including depressive disorders, bipolar disorder, disruptive mood dysregulation disorder, suicidality and self-harm, and emotional dysregulation. Successful candidates will collaboratively participate in our multidisciplinary group practice and contribute to a dynamic, growing team.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Mood Disorders Center, these are exempt, full-time positions located in our NYC headquarters. CMI offers competitive salary and benefits.
- Provide comprehensive diagnostic evaluations and treatment to children and adolescents with mood disorders, including clients with comorbid anxiety-related disorders and externalizing disorders.
- Provide empirically-supported treatments including Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and may also incorporate the use of mindfulness-based interventions in treatment.
- Conduct family-based interventions with parents and other family members, and collateral contacts with educators and other providers.
- Collaborate with our board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrists on cases requiring pharmacotherapy.
- Provide clinical supervision to psychology trainees and participate in providing psychoeducation on mood disorders for community outreach and presentation efforts.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Senior Director, Mood Disorders Center.