Providence is calling an on call Social Worker to the Child & Adolescent Psychiatric Unit (CAPU) at our Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center in Oregon City, OR.
The CAPU is an inpatient psychiatric unit that has an interdisciplinary team that consists of psychiatrists, chaplains, nurses, mental health associates, social workers and administrative caregivers. The social workers in the CAPU meet with the children and the families during the admittance process and through out the child's stay. They are scheduled to be in the unit Mondays - Fridays during the day and into the evening as needed.
Our on call social workers are primarily scheduled in advance but may also be contacted for short notice requests. Availability for short notice requests is not required but is appreciated.
In this position, you will:
- Under direct and continuous supervision, provide comprehensive biopsychosocial/spiritual assessment, diagnosis and/or treatment/interventions/advocacy of patients, and their support systems.
- Incorporate concepts and theories associated with life span development, neurobiology, and behavioral change.
- Collaborate with the patient and support system(s) to develop and implement evidence-informed person-centered care plans across the care continuum in collaboration with the Inter/Multi-Disciplinary Team (IDT).
- Perform duties in a manner that respects patient self-determination that reduces health disparities/barriers to care and adheres to the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) code of ethics, Standards of Practice (SOP), and mission.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in Social Work from a Council of Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited school of social work, or from a school in candidacy status by the CSWE
- Temporary Clinical Social Work Associates (CSWA) license, or proof of CSWA initiated within 6 months of hire
- Documentation of an approved supervision plan from the Oregon Board
- Must obtain LCSW Board licensure within a maximum of 5 years from CSWA application, or date of hire date as a CSWA
- Knowledge of child development
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Healthcare experience
- Collaborative problem solving expertise
- Experience working in residential or inpatient setting
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Social Work / Care Management / Counseling
Location: Oregon-Oregon City
Req ID: 149876