- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy Medicine (DO) from an accredited college or university
- Licensed as a physician in the State of Illinois or eligibility to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Illinois and Federal controlled substance license or eligibility to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Board certification in Hospice & Palliative Medicine or eligibility for Board certification prior to starting employment (Must complete certification within three (3) years from the completion of the palliative care residency of fellowship)
- Completion of residency training and Board certification in one of the following: Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Surgery, Surgical Oncology, Anesthesiology, Emergency Medicine, or Psychiatry
- Completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) accredited fellowship or residency in Hospice & Palliative Medicine prior to starting employment OR an equivalent practice pathway for training if training was completed prior to 2010
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated attitudes, knowledge, and skills necessary to work respectfully and effectively with patients and staff in a culturally diverse work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to utilize an electronic medical record
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service.
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, Are you a Military Veteran?
Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11).
Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification, or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate's start date
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER