Providence is calling a Crisis Services Technician to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a Crisis Service Technician, who in coordination with the Crisis Services Counselor, to provide crisis management, information follow-up referrals and discharge planning to patients and families who present in the Emergency Center with a wide variety of psychiatric, chemical addiction and psycho-social problems. This is an On Call / Per Diem position supporting a variable shift scheduled and will require working weekends on a rotational basis.
In this position you will:
- Prepare patients for exams, procedures and interviews.
- Take/record vital signs and obtain urine samples
- Develop or contribute to the individual plan of care relating to the developmental age and needs of the patient
- Comply with mandatory reporting requirements and document the report
- Provide liaison with appropriate referral sources for the patient and family
- Provides general clerical support and coordinates information between outside agencies and the Crisis staff, and facilitates communication between PSPH departments and the Crisis office
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor of Social Work, Bachelor of Arts/Science in a Human Services or Psychosocial/Mental Health field.
- AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- Must have a Mental Health Counselor License or will procure an Agency Affiliated Counselor Registration within six (6) months of hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One year psychiatry and/or chemical dependency experience in a health care setting.
- Washington State Certification as a Health Care Assistant and Nursing Assistant Certified.
- One year experience in the area of crisis evaluation and intervention in an acute psychiatric setting with an emphasis on quick assessment skills.
- Experience working with patients with dual diagnosis.
- Professional license or a Certified Counselor with the Washington State Department of Health.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Social Work / Care Management / Counseling
Req ID: 135649