Providence is calling a Mental Health Counselor (Psychiatric Unit, Day Shift, 0.0 FTE) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Use your knowledge of contemporary psychosocial principles to provide optimal care to the patient and family.
- Conduct regularly scheduled caseload consultation with the consulting team psychiatrist and/or mental health team.
- Track patient follow-up and clinical outcomes.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology or related Human Services (Education requirement may be waived in the case of an applicant demonstrating exceptional relevant clinical experience)
- Avalid and unencumbered Washington State license/registration for one of thefollowing: Certified Counselor, Mental Health Counselor, Licensed AdvanceSocial Worker or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker at the time ofhire, OR an Agency Affiliated Counselor credential from the WashingtonDepartment of Health within sixty (60) days of hire
- Must have a Washington State Nursing Assistant Registered (NAR) within 30 days of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience working as a mental health counselor
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Social Work / Care Management / Counseling
Req ID: 153452