Here at Boston Children’s Hospital’s Department of Psychiatry, we are offering exciting opportunities for the child and adolescent psychiatrist who is interested ensuring the provision of highest quality evidence-based family-centered psychiatric care across our care continuum. While we continue to welcome inquiries from anyone who might be interested in joining the Department, we are currently interested in filling the following two positions.
HOSPITALIST CHILD PSYCHIATRIST
We are seeking a full-time child and adolescent psychiatrist to work with other child psychiatry attendings and a robust multidisciplinary team of social work, psychology and nursing staff, to provide intensive psychiatry hospitalist services to youth facing a wide range of challenging psychiatric disorders including those facing co-occurring emotional and physical illnesses. Our innovative services include a 16-bed inpatient psychiatry unit and a 12-bed community-based acute residential treatment unit, both located within our pediatric hospital. The position evolves ensuring highest quality teaching and education of our child and adolescent psychiatry fellows, general psychiatry residents and medical students. Support will be provided for involvement in quality improvement initiatives pertaining to the inpatient service.
OUTPATIENT CHILD PSYCHIATRIST
We are seeking a full-time child and adolescent psychiatrist interested in providing diagnostic consultation and management services in our Outpatient Psychiatry Service. Part time positions (half-time or more) will be considered. We have particular interest in the psychiatrist with interest and/or expertise in working with neurodevelopmental disorders, particularly autism spectrum disorders and/or intellectual disabilities. The position involves collaboration with pediatric neurologists and developmental-behavioral pediatricians within our multidisciplinary autism spectrum center as well as providing high quality teaching and education of psychiatry and pediatric trainees. Support will be provided for involvement in quality improvement initiatives pertaining to the care of patients with neurodevelopmental disorders.
We are looking for collaborative physicians who can build working partnerships both within and outside our Department. Candidates for these positions must be board eligible/certified in general and child/adolescent psychiatry. All positions will include an appointment at Harvard Medical School, likely at the rank of Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor. For each of these positions academic rank and salary will depend on experience and qualifications. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Boston Children's Hospital is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants should submit electronically their CV and a brief statement of interest detailing relevant experience to Patricia Ibeziako, MD, Associate Chief for Clinical Services, Department of Psychiatry, Boston Children's Hospital, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal Number: 201
About Boston Children's Hospital
Embedded in Boston Children's Hospital, the #1 children's hospital from the U.S. News & World Report, the Department of Psychiatry (Department) is focused on the development and implementation of a responsive behavioral health care continuum so as to provide children and adolescents with the right services in the right setting at the right time. To do so, the Department has embraced a stepped-care approach to mental health care whereby patients are grouped into mild, moderate, or severe levels of functioning as a means of determining the most effective care setting. It has been estimated that about 65% of youth with behavioral health problems will have mild/moderate functioning and be managed in primary care; while the remaining 35% will require specialty BH care either outpatient or inpatient. The Department embraces that the establishment of an effective behavioral health care continuum will require successful collaborative care partnerships with primary care providers, school professionals, and community mental health providers. With nearly 50 child psychiatrists and over 100 psychologists, the Department provides has outpatient, inpatient, CBAT, and consultation specialty ...psychiatry services. The Department is committed to the highest quality of care, innovative research, education of the next generation of educators, and the wellness of its staff.