Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0017220
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The University of Minnesota's Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences is seeking a Board Certified / Board Eligible Psychiatrist to fill an Academic Track faculty position at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level. The position consists of:
- Approximately 0.10 FTE serves as the academic educational lead in consult liaison services for the MHealth Mental Health & Addiction Service Line.
- Approximately 0.10 FTE serving as a filling one or more open educational roles in the Department:
- Approximately 0.80 clinical FTE serving as an inpatient psychiatrist on a team that consults with inpatient units at the University of Minnesota Medical Center.
In clinical work, this position will Work collaboratively with licensed mental health professionals and psychiatrists to provide a combination of in-person and virtual psychiatric consultations to various medical specialties within a hospital setting.
- The faculty member may be located at one main site (University of Minnesota Medical Center.) and provide telemedicine coverage for outlying hospitals throughout the M Health Fairview system.
- See 6 to 8 patients per clinical day.
- Work with a team of 5 employed providers, 2 independent contractors, 2 licensed mental health providers, and a few casual providers who help cover weekends.
- Coordinate the coverage schedule with the team.
The exact amount of aFTE allocated to the roles and the specific educational roles to be filled will depend on the successful candidate's background, experience, skills, and qualifications.
This position emphasizes building excellence and innovation in clinical care, clinical programming, and academic opportunities. The clinical leadership role in particular will require exercising creativity in problem solving and collaboration to navigate complex systems.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME/AOA Psychiatry residency training program.
- BC/BE with the ABMS
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain and /or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States.
About the Department:
The University of Minnesota is a highly ranked research institution, and the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences has an extensive portfolio of ongoing studies with opportunities for collaboration, including studies involving neuroimaging, neuromodulation, cognitive training, and psychotherapy.
Join an active and growing department of 72 highly collaborative and engaged faculty members. The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusive excellence in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission and is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
Minnesota offers a high quality of life for professionals and families. It consistently ranks near the very top for health, fitness, happiness, safety, tolerance, education, affordability, and access to green space.
Learn more about the Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences at www.psychiatry.umn.edu.
This role is dually employed and applicants should complete the corresponding application for this position here: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/350430
M Health and Clinical Partnerships:
University of Minnesota Physicians providers practice at affiliated locations under the University of Minnesota Health Fairview (M Health Fairview) shared care delivery system. M Health Fairview represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to create a nationally renowned academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
M Health Fairview is one of the largest providers of behavioral health services in the Upper Midwest. We offer a wide range of adult and child/adolescent services that includes: inpatient, behavioral emergency center, partial hospitalization, outpatient clinics, counseling centers, chemical dependency programs, and day treatment programs. In addition, our psychiatrists have access to consultation, collaborative management or referral with University of Minnesota Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota Physicians and Behavioral Healthcare Providers.
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.