Location: St. Louis Park, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0020082
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
University of Minnesota Physicians is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Psychiatry Mental Health Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our St. Louis Park Clinic - Interventional Psychiatry Program in St. Louis Park, MN.
The Interventional Psychiatry Program strives to be patient-centric with standardized processes and procedures and establish academic, evidence-based practices. The program offers several procedures to help patients with treatment-resistant mood disorders, such as electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS), ketamine injections, and vagus nerve stimulation (VNS).
In this position you will:
- Become a member of the multi-disciplinary healthcare team including psychiatrists, psychologists, nurse care coordination, psychiatry associates, and social workers.
- Use advanced practice skill with the supervision and collaboration of the licensed physicians to provide comprehensive care for patients with treatment resistant depression.
- Conduct outpatient evaluation, document progress notes, supervise TMS treatments, and monitor patients engaged in treatment interventions.
- Provide routine and emergency follow up care.
- As the position progresses, the APP will be expected to independently staff an outpatient clinic with appropriate support.
- Function as a communication liaison between patient/family, consultants, and multi-professional teammates.
- As a member of the Interventional Psychiatry team, actively collaborates with and mentors medical students, residents, and fellows.
- The APP will practice at the St. Louis Park Clinic - Interventional Psychiatry Program in St. Louis Park, MN.
- Openings: 1.0 FTE (Full Time)
- Clinic hours, Monday-Friday
- No call
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and market-leading benefits packages to support all aspects of employee well-being, including physical, emotional, intellectual, social, spiritual, and financial health. Find out more about our benefits here.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program or school of nursing and formal Psychiatry and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner training program.
- Eligible or is certified through NCCPA, ANCC or AANP.
- Licensed or eligible to acquire a license and prescriptive authority through the MN Board of Medical Practice (PAs) or MN APRN license or eligible to acquire a license and prescriptive authority through MN Board of Nursing (NP's).
- Able to meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
- 2+ years of PMHNP or Psychiatry PA practice experience is preferred.
University of Minnesota Physicians is based in the beautiful Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area, ranked as the #6 best place to live in America by U.S. News & World Report in 2019. For more information about the vibrant culture, community, and recreation that Minneapolis-St. Paul has to offer, please click on the links below.
Greater Minneapolis - St. Paul Metropolitan Area
U.S. News & World Report Ranking
Minnesota Department of Education
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.